Monday, March 13, 2006

Wszystkiego Najlepszego

1972 may be remembered by some as the year Electronic mail was introduced (thank God! :) ), or Apollo XVII, the last manned moon landing to date, returned to Earth. & just because I am Canadian - how could I fail to mention the Canada vs. Russia hockey series with the infamous goal by Paul Henderson....

Whatever memories or stories may be associated with the year...........I write because of an altogether different reason.

Back in 1999 my expanding friendship circle grew to include a certain
Polak.

Actually come to think of it, that's not quite right. I did make his acquaintance, yes, but as to friendship... You see, for whatever reason, I had the distinct feeling (vibe as I referred to it) that he didn't like me. Thinking of it now, it seems absurd. There were no major altercations or confrontations, in fact I had very little contact with him then, so why I felt like that???

That long ago "vibe" is what is now a source of mild hilarity to me :) being that he is now counted among my closest friends - unfortunately not geographically speaking, minor details! :)

How
the heck did that happen?! I have no clue - still! We are total opposites in MANY ways.

Man, I love life, I love the weirdness of it all - I love how when you scrutinize it all up close, it's so utterly mysterious - & then, by grace, you get a glimpse of a bigger picture.

Closely analyzing that we're friends does hold a bit of mystery :) but stepping back I see glimpses of a bigger picture. How narrow my world would've been had it not come to connect with this
mover/risk-taker.

He's encouraged me many times to push the limits, sometimes more than I wanted! :) Definitely not one to let grass grow under his feet. I should hate to play chess with him, as I fear he'd have me @ checkmate before I could think which pawn to move....sigh...

If nothing else my friend, you've made your mark with me........but knowing you, you're already 10 steps ahead, grabbing life by the horns & making it yours.

Here's to you & all this year holds - may it be yours & more!
Happy 34th!

No comments: