Monday, February 13, 2006

Gotta Add This To My Resume

You just never know what is gonna happen. I know it's a pretty broad statement........so let me be specific. Saturday I turned model for a day!!! I say it with such emphasis you would think I won some big contest or something of the sort....

Well the story goes that one of my best friends was getting married down in Michigan recently, so I had this dress made for it. When I picked it up from the seamstress - she mentioned that there was a bridal show on Feb 11th and asked if I could model my dress for it.

hmmmmmmmm - me? Let's see - how many episodes of America's Next Top Model will I have to watch before I can even think to pull off being a model?! Nevertheless - I said Yes - much to my own surprise.

It's not like the event was such a huge one with much exposure - that's not really the point.

It's just that I would never have imagined ever doing such a thing - that I would ever AGREE to it :) Yet there I was, smile plastered on my face as I walked the small town "catwalk" :)

As I started out - you just never know what is gonna happen in life. You think you have it figured out, be it your situation or yourself - but then there's always some sort of curve balls thrown your way & you're like "what do I do w/this?"

I know, I turn a simple situation into this profound experience :) but c'est moi.....the "model"!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

any pictures????? would love to see them....

£ a u r i e said...

well ya know....the paparazzi didn't actually no where I was gonna be - I was quite secretive about it, so as to not cause a commotion :) - so sadly no, there are no pictoral displays.... :)

Lindsay said...

so it takes you being a model to finally see an update on your blog...yay...i'm glad that you had a good time...and good for you for stepping out and trying something new...

£ a u r i e said...

ha, ha - I was wondering how long it would take you to "check up on me" :) Happy Vday "Valentine"! (read your blog) :)

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

MY FRIEND THE MODEL....I LIKE THAT.....:o) LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR DEBUT OVER ON THIS SIDE OF THE POND.......WAIT MAYBEE YOU'RE TOO BIG a STAR FOR THE SO SMALL UK......I'M NOT SURE YOUR ENTOURAGE WOULD FIT ON OUR TINY WEE ISLAND...(LOL) :o) HAVE A HAPPY DAY...Oh i just noticed you drink wine now....cool....nxxxx

£ a u r i e said...

ha, ha - yes, well just incase there was any question about the wine - I thought you would want to know :)

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

so is it a Rose', aclaret, a spritser, a white, a semillion, a chardonay.....:O) wish i could meet up with you and have a drink. Currently watching an old movie based in BC....xxx