Sunday, January 01, 2006

January 1, 2006

...the New Year is upon us and with it we embrace what comes...

But what do you do if the happenings of life don’t all add up? Or I guess they do – but not arriving at the answer you expected. What happens when you have dreams that are so real, almost tangible & seemingly in an instant you’re shaken awake from that? What happens when the answer you’ve been “given” contradicts what you believe?

Our life is but a breath…

I don’t say that with a hopelessness.....it’s truth. I say it because with that knowledge, with that revelation, I examine my life and all that I have to show for it. Where do I come out on the score card?

I want this year to be different, to be amazing, to go beyond Laurie’s expression of living – what she knows thus far and reach out for what You would bring...

“He is not safe, but he is Good” – This was a line from the Chronicles of Narnia.....just hearing/reading it again stirs something of a response in me. I know I’ve definitely settled too often for the safety.....too often clung to the ordinary....


My hope/prayer for 2006 (& beyond) is to let go of the ordinary, the safety, to experience the extraordinary, the Good!

Our life is but a breath...


3 comments:

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

wow, that was beautiful and i love the picture at the top.....it depicts life nicely, fragile(i copied that word from Naoki Wright) but steady enough to dare to blow it, knowing not where the strands of seeds fall, but with a knowingness of certainty that God our creator, will do Immeasurably more than we dare to imagine in our lives, if we but dare to blow the dandelion.... You're an Incrediably talented person, with a unique gift to express yourself through writing, but not only through that sphere. I really see in you a person who will lead others, into prehaps terratory that they don't expect, almost like you are someone who renews especially i think women into freedom, and an expression that they may have lost during the years before. Anyways, i pray that whatever this means, God will speak to you about and that if its just me, spraffing that the seed of words, will disperse. We might not often be in touch but i think of you fondly.....Heres to new adventures in 2006, jump out of the plane and you'll see the safety net of God, catch you. norrainxxxxx

Lindsay said...

hey laurie...was checking your blog in hope of an update...but alas there was none...i know you have something to blog about... :)