Saturday, November 05, 2005

My 1st post and I'm happy to be writing from the good ol' southern hills of North Carolina. I left Toronto Oct 28th on my way to Charlotte. On the way I had a stopover in New York - that in itself was an adventure for this mostly inexperienced traveller....(hoping that changes)....

I decided I needed as much time as possible in New York - no, not to explore the city - but rather so I wouldn't stress in finding my gate to board the next plane. However those fears were completely unfounded as I was shuttled directly to my gate and for most of the 2 hours I sat there reading and wondering why I thought it would be so scary.

I suppose that is common for those that choose the safe road. You get to your destination - be it literal or proverbial - but you could've had an adventure along the way, been there quicker or just tried something new. Why am I saying "you"?! Let's make it more personal - it's about me anyway :)

Very often I am inspired by the speeches of "going for it", "just take a risk", "step out of the mold"....in what way though am I taking that inspiration and making it more apart of my life?

There has been things I have stepped up to this year. Some challenges & fears I've faced - and oddly enough, underneath some of them were little pieces of desire for the very thing I feared. Desire I guess to not hold back, to not let the conception of who I think I am, entirely define me. I get pretty set in some ways and it's easy to just think, "that's me".........but is it really?

Not long from now and I will be moving across the country - away from the familiarities of the last 7 1/2 years - be it places, but for me mostly people....friends. Sometimes I think about what's ahead and get unnerved by the "not knowing". But who of us knows - even when we think we do at times? I want to be able to look back on this (& for everything) and say I "went for it", "took a risk", "stepped out of the mold".

So what exactly will that look like, or rather what will I look like? Who will I become (am already becoming)? I can't wait to find out......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, so far so good. I see that risk-taker in you just below the surface and can't wait to see you in situations where you'll have no choice :) but to risk it all - Love you, can't believe how much i laughed with you this week!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas....and take care too...haha...sorry I had to say my signature phrase...this is a great blog babe...can't believe the chapter in Toronto is almost up :(.
But with the ending of one chapter, there is the excitement of the next starting, I'm sure you'll be blown away at what Daddy does. Love you. D

Anonymous said...

Living on the edge is okay - it's even more exciting to see what's beyond it. Sounds like you're ready to find out - God bless you on your adventure. I've enjoyed reading your blogsite - watch for mine, coming up soon.

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

hey i love the name of your bogg...it sure sum's you up....and i will always remember our Glorious time cleaning those tacf loo's....all the happiest hon....in these days which are certainly of the 'Carpe Diem' ones.....love nxxx

Christa said...

Hey Girl!!!!Love ya lots! Praying for you in every adventure each day begins!!!!Take care girl!! Smooches!!! Christa Lee

Christa said...

Brings, I meant, not begins..........D'oh!!!!lol!